Can you believe it is already December?! This year has truly flown by, but that means it’s time for another recap. This semester has been full of new experiences and I have really loved having little adventures in between my crazy school schedule.
- In September, we had a lot of days off at my school. So one of my close friends from high school and I decided to start off the semester off with a visit to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. I absolutely LOVE the botanical gardens. I have since I was a little girl. Every time we go together it turns into a photo shoot, and we had a great time catching up.
- Attended College fashion week hosted by HerCampus at the end of September. I have been reading HerCampus since high school and wanted to attend the show for several years. This year, I finally was able to go with one of my friends and we had a really great time.
- In October, I saw Halsey in concert. Partynextdoor and CharliXCX opened the show, and there was even a special guest! I went with my sister who also loves Halsey’s music, and it was our first concert, which basically means we nearly lost our voices. Halsey’s album, hopeless fountain kingdom, was basically the soundtrack of my summer, along with Lorde’s Melodrama, so I don’t think there was a better way to kick off the season.
- At the start of the semester, I became a lab assistant in the lab I was volunteering for during the summer. Working more closely on the various projects in the lab, and continuing to participate in fieldwork has been very rewarding. Next semester I hope to expand on my topic of interest, so fingers crossed.
- I spent most of my Saturdays at my brother’s football games. It was pretty fun to go and see his games, and I think it was a great bonding experience. Plus, I finally have learned some football plays and terms and can follow a game – sort of. After 22 years, I now confidently yell when I don’t like the referee’s calls haha.
All in all, I have done several things this fall that I would typically think would not have. Between the concert, fashion show, and officially joining the lab there have been a lot of “firsts” that have pushed me and changed me for the better. I hope to continue exploring and making new experiences in the future! 🙂
How was your fall? What was your favorite “first”?