After a little more than a year of having this blog I was nominated by Charlotte from Letters From Sunshine and I could not be more thankful.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a sort of appreciation award that bloggers nominate other bloggers for. It is a way to discover, connect, and support those within the blogging community.
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you. You do not have accept the nomination, but it is polite to thank them.
- Write a a blog post with the following:
- 11. Facts About You – This is a great way to interact with readers and bloggers to share some things you may not have shared before.
- Answer the 11 Questions From Your Nominator – You can find the list in your nominator’s post.
- Nominate 11 Other Blogs – This is how the award is shared and how the blogging community grows. You get to connect with other blogger, show your appreciation of their work, and share their work for others to read. I chose bloggers with blogs that are two years old or less. Make sure to connect to their blog and contact them to let them know they have been nominated.
- Ask 11 Questions to your Nominees – This is a way to get to know the bloggers you are nominating and to help them share more about themselves.
11 Facts About Me
- I am extremely clumsy. I have been known to fall over while just standing.
- When I was little I thought I was part mermaid and part fairy. I thought this was the reason I imagined entire worlds and could hold my breathe for a long period of time. Don’t judge lol.
- I used to write vivid fantasy and horror stories as a child. I still remember one where I had to defeat a monster that took over my classroom. He had raw flesh with boils that constantly ruptured. Eww.
- I love animals. They are one of the greatest sources of my joy.
- I rescued two kittens last year near my house. It was the beginning of the year, and I heard their little cries from my room. My cat at the time helped me find them and together we nursed them into the sassy pair they are today.
- I love history. As a child I was obsessed with ancient civilizations especially Ancient China, Rome and Egypt.
- I am terrified of bugs. When I was 11 I saw a special on bed bugs on the History Channel and I could not sleep without checking my bed and tucking my clothes into each other for three years. I also saw one on ants, and have yet to recover.
- I LOVE to travel. I hope to visit every continent. Currently I have been to 3 out of 7.
- I danced for most of my life. I was on a competitive team with my dance school, went to a middle school that catered to the arts and academics, and I was trained in ballet from the age of 2.
- I am super clumsy. I have been known to fall for the weirdest reasons and I have the injuries to prove it. (Sadly my dance training does not help with my clumsiness.
- I can’t watch movie interpretations of my favorite books. Except for Harry Potter, I usually do not like them, or it takes me a very long time to watch them. I still have not finished The Hunger Games or Divergent series, because I know they changed some of my favorite parts.
Answers to Charlotte’s 11 Questions
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world for two weeks (without money being an issue), where would you go and what would you do?
I would travel across the country and visit national landmarks and places many tourists do not stop to visit. I love to see where people like to go that has not been spruced up in a tourist area. I would also love to see the amazing natural lanscape of each state, such as the national parks.
2. What is the best book that you have ever read and what did you love so much about it?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I loved how she wrote the book to take place in one night while Mia recalls some of the most important moments of her life. I truly loved the book because it pointed out that we do not realize what moments impact us the most, and it is often the simplest things that leave the greatest marks on our lives.
P.S. I have not seen the movie for this one either haha.
3. If you could spend a day with any person in the world (deceased or alive), who would it be and why?
As I mentioned before I love history so this question actually brings a lot of people to mind. Right now I will go with I would love to meet Queen Nefertiti so that I can see how she went through a typical day because she had a unique relationship with the pharoah and as queen.
4. What is your favorite season? (Interpret this however you want: in terms of weather or a television show.)
My favorite season is spring. I love that the weather is nice but not too hot or too cold, and I can do both indoor and outdoor things that are still enjoyable. I love that the days are starting to get longer and flowers are getting ready to bloom. It is a season of a lot of change which I quite enjoy.
5. What is your favorite Christmas movie/show?
The winter holidays have always been my favorite time of year. I am surrounded by the people I love and we spend so much time together. So you can guess I have a lot of holiday themed favorites. My favorite Christmas movie is definitely “The Year Without A Santa Claus”. My favorite part is when the Miser Brothers come about their preferred temperatures I am filled with joy.
6. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I LOVE MY NAME!!!! I really do. I think it suits me well, and I like the flow of it. So I probably would not change it.
7. You find a wallet on the ground containing $1,000. You have two choices: return it to the owner or keep it. Here’s the twist: the owner will never realize it’s missing if you decide to keep it. Which choice would you choose and why?
I would defintely return the wallet. I know how it feels to lose something so important and I would not want to be a part of someone’s stress. Even if the owner never notices they lost it, I would still return it. It would just feel so wrong to keep it when it belonged to someone else, and has so many important things in it.
8. What is one talent that you would love to have?
I would love to be able to sing. I want to be able to belt out ballads like they do in choirs or in the opera. I think I can carry a decent tune – I have not had any complaints after my concerts in the shower – but . With singing you do not always need to have tools or a space to show your talent. You can simply sing to your hearts content anywhere you choose, and I find that very amazing.
9. What is your favorite hashtag?
I don’t really have a favorite hashtag. Instead, I really like funny ones like the ones people use to make a commentary on their photo in the caption.
10. If you could only choose to live one place in the world for the rest of your life, where would you choose and why?
This is actually a really hard one. I love to travel and visit new places, and each one has a great feature that I love about it. Ideally my place would be a combination of all these locations. But for the sake of this question I am going to go with Spain. I speak enough Spanish to get by, and I love the culture, food, and people. It is in Europe so I can travel to other countries easily, and I can travel to other Spanish speaking countries readily. It is also the only place I have spent longer than a week living in.
11. Why did you decide to start your blog?
I decided to start my blog becuase I wanted to help people in similar positions in live navigate. I love to write, and have done so for my school papers. While I love writing about current events I also wanted to write about things people could refer to for help. I had always wanted to start a blog – I even made a wordpress account four years ago, but never posted anything. I was always too nervous to start. I did not want people to find it and judge me. I hope this blog can one day serve to people in school, traveling, and more, while serving as a creative outlet for me and those who read it.
Ask 11 Questions
- If you could tell your fifteen year old self one thing what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing about the blogging community?
- Describe the best time of your life. (This can be a event, day, year, etc.)
- You have been given the opportunity to speak to the leader of any organization, nation, or movement (from any time period). Who would you speak to?
- You have travel to a beautiful and remote location with no access to the interenet or your phone. The only catch is you can bring only one suitcase. Where would you go and what would you bring?
- What was the biggest lesson you have learned in life? Describe the experience.
- What has changed the most about you in the past year? Why?
- What three words would you use to describe your best friend? Why?
- Name one goal you have that is not career related.
- What is the most embarrassing memory fom your childhood?
- If you could choose one food to eat every day what would it be?
My Nominations for the Liebster Award
- Alexa of Alexa Koch
- Rebekah of Rebekah Blogs
- Jessica of Infinite Golden Floors
- Isabelle of Truly Indulgent
- Alysha of Bookish and Bright
- Stephanie of Sincerely, Stephanie
- Amelie of A Wander’s Adventures
- Gabby and Hannah of The Swirl
- Raisa of Wonderland Novels
- Michelle of Michelle Adams Blog
- Delaney of Laughs Without Fear