It is that time of year again! I am officially 22 years old. A lot has changed this year and I have gained new experiences and many new lessons. This was one of my favorite posts to do last year, so I decided to do it again. Here are 22 things I have learned in 22 years.
- Do not put energy into someone who is not willing to put energy into you.
- Celebrate yourself, even if no one else is.
- Let your failures teach you how strong you are when you overcome them.
- People come into your life for a reason, good or bad they are can teach you a lesson.
- Believe in yourself or no one will.
- Celebrate your victories even if no one else will.
- Value yourself. Value your time. Value your ideas.
- Let go of people who make you feel less worthy than you are.
- Do not be quick to anger. You may regret your quick reaction.
- Negative people do not deserve your energy.
- Take a risk. You never know what can happen when you step out of your comfort zone.
- Work hard for your dreams even if they seem to be just out of your reach.
- Do not be afraid of change. We are always growing so be conscious of that.
- Stand up for yourself.
- Change is small so don’t beat yourself up for not making progress fast enough.
- Your mental health is extremely important. Try to do something every day to improve it.
- Surround yourself with people who love and support you, and who you love and support as well.
- Ask for help. There is nothing wrong with not being able to do something, or needing help thinking things through.
- Do what makes you happy, not what makes others happy.
- Life seldom goes according to plan.
- It is so much better to forgive someone than to spend time hating them. It may take longer for some than others, but it is worth it.
- Life is an adventure. Make it worthwhile.
– Tatyana x
What are some life lessons you value?